Orange County, Florida
This project represents the largest area in Florida (approximately 670 square miles) ever imaged at a 3” resolution and included extensive coordination with Washington Transportation Security Administration (TSA) and Disney World security to obtain airspace access. The Orange County Property Appraisers Office was very pleased with rapid turnaround on high image quality. So much, that in 2012, we were awarded a repeat survey of the county.
- Digital Aerial Photography: 4-band capture with Leica ADS40 digital pushbroom camera technology. 3” (0.25’) resolution covering approximately 670 square miles and 6” (0.5’) resolution covering approximately 450 square miles.
- Airspace Access: Coordination with Washington TSA and site security for airspace access over Disney Temporary Flight Restriction (TFR). Coordination with Orlando Air Traffic Control for Orlando Class B Airspace access.
- Georeferencing: Airborne GPS/IMU. 33 targeted ground control points. 20 photo-id quality control checkpoints. Survey report. Aerotriangulation. Horizontal datum NAD83 FL State Plane, vertical datum NAVD88.
- Digital Orthophotography: 3-band, 24 bit color at 3” (0.25’) resolution covering 670 square mile urbanized area and at 6” 90.5’ resolution covering 400 square mile rural area. Preliminary ortho image delivery within 10 days of flyover completion. Delivery of finalized imagery following county quality control. Delivery in coordinate grid-based tiles in TIFF/TFW and SID formats.
- Accuracy: ASPRS Class 1, 1’ horizontal RMSE
Project DetailsVertical Aerial Imaging/Sensing
Orange County Property Appraisers Office
2001 & 2012